Landlors Insurance - Francis Granville Insurance Services

Let us research the market for you to find the most competitive and comprehensive cover for your requirements

With access to hundreds of schemes, including the leading insurers and specialist insurers, let us save you time in researching the available providers, money on your premiums and ensure you get a great deal of cover.

You choose how you want to arrange your cover, either with instant quotations and online applications or forward your details so we can research the market for you and send your quotation by email or  post or contact us for some free no obligation advice.


If the above two chosen providers do not beat your current premium and cover, or meet your requirements, send your details via our request a quote facility below and we will research the market for you.   

                                                                              REQUEST A QUOTATION

Free no obligation quotation to your email or by postLet us research the market for the best cover & cost

We are members of the Rentguard Ltd Network (Rentguard Ltd is part of the RGA Group) & Paragon Advance who both act on customer's behalf to arrange Landlord insurance.By clicking the link you will be leaving this site and we will not be responsible for any advice. However if you need assistance we will always be pleased to hear from you.  

Need some free no obligation advice - no call centre     Contact us on 0845 257 2042 we will always be pleased to hear from you

          • Guide To Landlord Insurance & Our Service 

Many of the same factors apply to Landlord Insurance as to Home Insurance but there are some additional considerations you should bear in mind. 


The cost, type of cover, level of cover and the service you receive can vary enormously between providers. You do not have to stay with your lender and are free to choose your provider when you first arrange your cover, at renewal or indeed at any time during the policy term. 

"We can research the market for you from our extensive panel of providers, including household names, saving you time and money, to ensure that you get the most appropriate and cost effective cover for you."  


Ensure you are adequately covered - any significant under insurance could mean that any claim you make might be reduced or even rejected altogether. 

You need a specific type of policy to cover you if your property is let or unoccupied - don't assume your original Home Insurance policy will cover you. 

The type of cover you require will depend on two main factors, the occupancy of the property, and the type of tenant you have. While there are many providers in the market they do not all cover certain types of tenant or if the property is unoccupied for any period of time.  

There are five main types of cover from which you can choose , which will depend on your circumstances buildings only cover - with or without accidental damage

buildings with a minimal contents cover for fixtures and fittings

buildings and contents cover

contents cover only

tenants cover 

"We can assist you in calculating the cover you require and need for both your buildings and contents insurance.Also we will assist you with any changes in the occupancy and if your current provider is the most suitable for any changes in circumstances"


As with your choice of cover the difference in the price you can pay for the same cover is not just a few pence - we have seen reductions in clients premiums of over 50%. 

The price your pay will depend on factors such as your post code, level of cover, type of cover, your property type, your age, your properties age, type of tenant, occupancy and other factors such as the security level of your property and previous claims history.

"Fill out our request a quote form and we'll do all the hard work for you providing you with a all the options you require - at worst we can confirm your current provider gives you a good deal, or we could save you money while retaining or improving the level of cover you have." 


Several things to consider here, Accidental Damage, liability cover, the cost of alternative accommodation and malicious damage. 

Accidental damage is to cover you if anything is accidentally damaged, -while this slightly increases the premium we would normally recommend you have this option, although it can also have a higher excess attached to it.

Liability - householders, like everyone else, must exercise reasonable care in everything they do. If you are careless or negligent, and cause damage to someone else or their property, then you could be held "legally liable", possibly for a lot of money.You can cover against this risk through your insurance - however you have an additional risk as you are not living in the property so most policies include property owners liability as standard. 

You also need to protect against loss of rent should the property become uninhabitable, as with no rent you still need to pay your ongoing costs. 

Someone who is renting may not take as much care of your property as if you were living there, so consider protecting against malicious damage. 

"We can assist you in deciding on exactly what cover you need and provide you with the different costs so you can make an informed decision."  


Often people take out their Landlord cover with their mortgage lender for convenience without realizing how much extra they could be paying. Even if you do research the market place initially the tendency is to stay with your current provider on renewal - this is not always the most cost effective solution. 

"We research the market each and every year for you to ensure you retain the best deal available and also check that you cover remains appropriate for your circumstances." 


Having the cheapest Landlord cover is no good if there are so many exclusions you are unlikely to be able to make a claim or if the service for claims is poor - it is important you consider this when purchasing your policy.

"Not only will we help you choose the right provider, but if the worst should happen we will assist you in what can be claimed, how to claim and what to do should your claim be declined." 


Some insurers insist on certain property security requirements, such as special locks, alarms etc, but you can also consider what you should have, not only to make your home safer but as these may also reduce your premium.

Most providers have an excess payable when you make a claim. This is important from two aspects, firstly you do not want to have a high excess imposed on you making it unviable to make smaller claims, secondly that you can choose to have a higher excess and reduce your premium.

If you have previously held landlord insurance without a claim you can often qualify for a discount, but not all insurers offer this. Also if you have made a claim this can affect your future premium, but different insurers use different criteria to determine this.

   About our insurance services and terms and coditions in using our web site

Francis Granville is a trading name of C G Ward who are authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority, C G Ward is entered in the Financial Services Authority Register Number 306846 which can be viewed at


Immediate quotations & apply online from our two chosen providers or use our request a quotation below for us to research the market for you.